ONSIGHT FIREARMS TRAINING & ONSIGHT MEDICAL TRAINING PRESENT:
STAY IN THE FIGHT!
August 4 & 5, 2023
Two Day Tac-Med Trauma Care w/ live fire
9:00am to 5:30pm each day
DAY ONE: GOAL HQ, 361 West Main St. Northborough, MA 01532
DAY TWO: Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club 255 Sewall Street, Boylston, MA, 01505
$400 per person. $425 for non-members
This two day class is designed to teach the student what to do and how to respond and treat a casualty in the event of a traumatic injury or medical emergency. Emphasis is placed on stopping bleeding and bandaging wounds. This is not strictly a "gunshot" class. Lesson plans and hands on applications will cover many various injuries including: lacerations, shock, blood loss, head injuries, fractures, and more.
We will also cover med kit and personal first aid kit contents.
The time to learn is now, before an incident happens.
This class will include, but is not limited to:
- Basic first aid and advanced trauma / wound care
- Self Aid
- Rapid patient assessment
- Effectively stopping massive bleeding
- Basic anatomy and physiology of life-sustaining systems
- H, A, B, C’s—Hemorrhage, Airway, Breathing and Circulation
- Contents and application of Individual med kit components
- Proper storage and employment of the med kit
- Basic and advanced airway management - treating and monitoring
tension pneumothorax, sucking chest wound and flail chest
- Use of bandages, compression bandages, gauze, and hemostatic agents (celox, combat gauze, etc.)
- Proper use, storage and application of tourniquets, chest seals, NPA.
- Recognition and Treatment of various injuries (gunshots, lacerations,
head injuries, orthopedic, environmental)
- Recognition and treatment of hypovolemic (hemorrhagic) shock
- Moving and positioning victims with various injuries
- Evacuation considerations
- Prioritizing care
DAY ONE will be classroom learning, equipment application and repetition practice.
- Notepad and pen for note taking
- Your own personal IFAK, med kit, trauma kit, for evaluation and familiarization.
DAY TWO will be spent on the range working these trauma care applications in live fire trauma simulation drills.
- Quality functional semi-automatic pistol or revolver (9mm, .40S&W, 45ACP, 38 Special, 357 Magnum, etc.).
- 4 magazines minimum for semi autos, speed loaders for revolvers.
- Minimum of 400 rounds of brass cased pistol ammunition (no steel cased ammunition)
- Quality kydex holster —PLEASE NO BLACKHAWK SERPA, Uncle Mike's, Alien Gear, or flimsy nylon or cloth holsters. We recommend: Dark Star Gear, C&G Holsters, Black Point Tactical, 508 Holsters, Black Center Tactical or Raven Concealment.
Students are encouraged to run this class in their everyday concealed carry set up.
- Magazine or loading device pouches / magazine carrier, etc.
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning with good ankle support.
- Disposable clothing suitable for training in any weather – long pants – long sleeve shirt, hoodie or jacket for cold weather. What you wear to this class maybe unwearable after. Please do not wear anything to this class you intend on keeping or wearing again. We will be incorporating fake blood, bandages, and other non removable training equipment that may permanently stain or ruin clothing.
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Quality ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Note pad and pen for taking notes.
- bag lunch and snacks / beverages for the entire day.
- Humble willing to learn attitude.
All training material will be provided. Students are encouraged to bring, lunch, snacks, beverages as well as notepads and pens for note taking.
For more information or questions please contact email@example.com