Nov 5 IPI SELF DEFENSE PISTOL GUNFIGHTING LEVEL 1 (SDPG 1)
November 5 @ 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM$200
IPI SELF DEFENSE PISTOL GUNFIGHTING LEVEL 1 (SDPG 1)
One day. 400 to 500 rounds. Small, limited size class.
These are most all of the defensive pistol shooting basics that you need whether for a concealed carry / public situation or home & workplace defense. This is taught in a way and using techniques that are specifically designed by IPI for individual close quarters self defense for citizens and in a concealed carry mode. This course goes beyond a basic pistol permit or firearms safety course. It serves as the basis for more advanced defensive pistol training. In some cases, we will teach more than one technique for you to try and choose from.
We put a heavy emphasis on coaching in this course. We will begin up close and at a slow pace, with most shooting will occur at distances well under 15 yards.
This course is the distillation and refinement of over 32 years of experience to determine exactly what skills and techniques are needed for the basics of self defense gunfighting. Our goal is to have you complete this training with the right skills and knowing what to train on at the minimum.
WHAT WILL BE TAUGHT:
This course will include the following:
– Pistol Fundamentals for self defense gunfighting
– Ready Positions
– Draw and Recovery Techniques using concealment
– Concealed Carry techniques for alternative concealment rigs
– Loading and Unloading techniques for administrative situations
– IPI’s recommended safe handling methods, IPI press check, and defensive protocols
– Reloading and Stoppage techniques for when under fire
– Single Hand Shooting (with both primary and secondary hand)
– Precision shooting at varying distances both from ready positions and from concealement with coaching and recommended improvements
– Shooting on the Move / Moving quickly and safely with a loaded pistol, both at a ready position and while on the move enroute to cover and to escape
Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club, West Boylston, MA
Thursday, November 5, 2020
830am to 5pm (30 minute lunch break)
$200 for SDPG1 (day 1)
$400 for both days if taken together
A large donation to GOAL will be made from proceeds of these courses.
PREREQUISITES / MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- US citizen
- Massachusetts resident or Massachusetts LTC permit holder.
- You should know how your semiautomatic pistol operates and have fired it before.
- Sign the liability waivers and be safe throughout the course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Newer shooters – attend if you have not been to a professional self defense shooting school but have a permit and completed what was needed for the Mass. LTC or other state’s CCW classes, the NRA Personal Protection Inside of the Home, NRA Personal Protection Outside of the Home, or comparable courses.
- Shooters with some experience / prior course graduates / instructors – to learn what exactly we are teaching for techniques and to find material to teach to others
John Peterson – a retired U.S. Army Special Forces soldier (aka Green Beret) and combat veteran who has served in these positions full-time as an instructor of firearms & tactics – former Senior Instructor of Sig Sauer Academy, Smith & Wesson Academy, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and the U.S. Department of Defense. He has provided training to over 11,000 persons all over the USA and world from every single type of armed profession (law enforcement, military, special operations, intelligence, private security, executive protection, armored couriers, bail enforcement agents, etc.) and of course numerous fellow citizens. he has lead instructed or co-instructed more than 60 types of courses of between 2 days and 3 weeks in length, most of which he authored. Along the way, he has trained under many top instructors and pioneers in their own right. He has more than a dozen Second Amendment/RKBA life and annual memberships to include: Gun Owners of America, Second Amendment Foundation, NRA, GOAL, Gun Owners of New Hampshire, Gun Owners of Maine, Connecticut Citizens Defense League, Virginia Citizens Defense League, Gun Owners of Vermont, Rhode Island Patriots, Comm2A, US Concealed Carry Association, etc.
John writes for Firearms News Magazine/Outdoor Sportsman Group and Ammoland.com.
John has also worked as a Private Investigator, Government Intelligence Analyst, Surveillance Specialist and Instructor, Evasive Driving Instructor, Personal Protection Specialist (PPS), and contractor positions supporting the war effort since 9/11. He has also served on the Advisory Board and as Special Projects Director since 1997 for the International Association for Counterterrorism and Security Professionals. John is the Chief Instructor and President of the Intelligent Preservation Institute (IPI) as well as the Founding Partner and Chairman of the Board of the nonprofit American Preservation Alliance. He and the capable team of IPI instructors will be offering very professionally done courses nationwide in the coming years.
Jon Green – is the full-time training specialist/instructor at GOAL, with over 21 years of consecutive service there. He has attended training from many of the top training providers in the country to include Thunder Ranch, Sig Sauer Academy, Viking Tactics, and more. Jon is known across the Commonwealth and nation as a gifted instructor and innovative trainer whose experience spans nearly every type of defensive and recreational shooting application.
Other IPI staff as needed.
- Hearing protection – ear muffs – we recommend electronic ear muffs. We recommend double hearing protection – muffs plus ear plugs – for our courses.
- Wrap Around Protective Eyewear – must be polycarbonate and ANSI Z87.1 specification, no exceptions. Prescription eyeglasses must cover the entire eye socket AND be ANSI Z87.1 specification OR wear contact lenses and we will loan to you the proper eyewear.
NOTE: If you do not have contact lenses, then you must obtain protective overgoggles for your glasses. We loan out in all courses premium non-prescription protective eyewear, and use on our staff both prescription and non-prescription eye protection, from veteran owned TacticalRx www.tacticalrx.com .
- Billed, baseball type hat
- Concealed Carry garment(s) – bring all that you have or wear daily and we will show you the technique that goes with it. An open front garment such as a jacket or shirt and/or a sweatshirt or sweater will be sufficient.
- Belt worn holster (that exactly matches your pistol and that covers the trigger guard completely) with gun belt and magazine pouch that holds one or more magazines. This course is focused on concealed carry.
- Semi-automatic pistol that fits your hand. Factory sights are fine. If you had a Red Dot Sight RDS) you are welcome to bring it, but please make sure that it is zeroed beforehand.
- Magazines – 3 to 5 magazines for double stack pistols, 5 to 8 magazines for single stack pistols. Our drills run from between 25 to 40 rounds per relay.
Day 1 – Self Defense Pistol Gunfighting 1: Minimum 400 rounds. Maximum 500 rounds.
- Water bottle or means of hydrating
- Optional but recommended:
– Suitable clothing for cold and/or rainy weather.
– Sweat rag to wipe hands off
– Hand sanitizer/hand cleaning items
– Bring a meal for lunch. The instructor will have a backpacking stove for those who want to boil water or cook boil in a bag type meals.
– change of shirt or clothing for second half of the day.
– business cards to exchange with other attendees
AMMO NOTE 1: No hard cast lead reloads or personally reloaded ammunition is allowed in our courses. The ammunition must be jacketed and reliable. We will stay within the round count advertised for the course. However, if you would like to shoot extra on certain drills, we will specify which ones those are.
AMMO NOTE 2: If you would like to bring some of your defensive carry loads to test out in the course (jacketed hollowpoints), then please do so. It is a good idea to test fire at least some full magazines of what you carry to ensure that they will work. There will be a series of drills towards the end of the day where you can do this at various distances if you like. Then load up with what works upon departing the course.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- EXPERT LEVEL TRAINING – 7 to 8 hours of training with COACHING to help you to not only learn new skills but to improve. Our instructors are attentive and are there to help you to learn.
- CERTIFICATE – Each attendee will receive a color certificate of training and other item at the course.
- MATERIALS – A large assortment of useful course materials and sample drills will be emailed to all who attend the course
- November 5
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Event Categories:
- Education & Training, GOAL Events
- Event Tags:
- Nov 5 IPI SELF DEFENSE PISTOL GUNFIGHTING LEVEL 1 (SDPG 1)
November 5 @ 8:00 AM - November 6 @ 5:00 PM
November 6 @ 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM