- This event has passed.
Intro to IDPA
April 30 @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM$95.00
GOAL is pleased to announce an introductory course for the shooting sport of IDPA. The International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) is the governing body of a shooting sport that simulates self-defense scenarios and real life encounters. It was founded in 1996 as a response to the desires of shooters worldwide. This class will be held at Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club. Participants will be provided with a strong foundation of skills and knowledge used in the sport of International Defensive Pistol competition.
Participants are required to have the following:
- Centerfire revolver or semi-automatic handgun, 9mm or larger
- A plastic or leather strong side belt mounted holster. Avoid retention straps and snaps
- Belt mounted double magazine or speedloader holder
- 3 magazines or speedloaders
- 200 rounds of ammunition
- A vest or shirt that covers the holstered gun
- Eye & ear protection
- Baseball cap
- Brown bag lunch
Pre-registration is required as seating is limited to 12 people.
“If you want to take a practical, high-value course, then I recommend GOAL’s Introduction to IDPA. Jon Green delivered a concise, informative discussion of the basics. Then, we headed out to the range for safety briefings, skill drills, and actual scenarios. Three experienced IDPA competitors taught me and my classmates some useful techniques and tactics. I got lots of help in improving my draw. Within a few hours, I was hooked. I attended the next match at Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club, and I will be joining IDPA soon. As a GOAL member, I paid only $40 for the course, but I think it was worth hundreds more.”
- May 22 @ 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- May 23 @ 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- June 5 @ 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM