Information regarding range operation, laws, liability, risk management and more!
MA Specific Laws and Info.
MA Specific Laws Regarding Range Operation:
Section 129C has a laundry list of exemptions for instruction and range use. http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-129c.htm
Hunting law regarding discharge feet. http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/131-58.htm
Law exempting shooting ranges from the 500’ discharge law. http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/269-12e.htm
Law regarding non residents taking part in pistol matches. http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-131g.htm
This is the noise protection law for ranges.http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/214-7b.htm
This is the bill we passed in 2002 to protect ranges who had to reorient due to environmental considerations. http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/seslaw02/sl020152.htm
Other legal info (not MA specific):
- Range Operator Liability: Noise, Nuisance and Zoning
- Range Protection Acts: Status of States and Model Legislation
- Risk Management and Insurance Issues (PDF)
- Risk Management For The New Millennium
- NRA Public Range Grant Fund Program The NRA Public Range Fund was established in 2009 as a matching grant program to encourage city and county governments, and state or federal agencies, to work with NRA on efforts to build and improve public ranges across the United States.
- NRA Shooting Range Services With more than 125 years’ experience in shooting range design, construction, maintenance and operations, no one has more expertise in the field than the NRA.
- NRA Foundation Grant Program Since its inception, The NRA Foundation, Inc., has funded more than 15,000 grants totaling over $150 million, becoming America's leading charitable organization in support of the shooting sports.
*This page is made possible by the membership of GOAL and their generous donations. If you found this page helpful please Join - Support - Donate to GOAL.