Frequently Asked Questions
| License to Carry - Firearm Ownership Questions
- How do I get a firearms license in Massachusetts? Everything you need to know to apply for your License to Carry
should I write a letter to my Chief for an LTC application? What you want to say, and don't!
- What should I do if I am denied my FID/LTC? Know your rights!
of Reasons for Denial of an FID Card or LTC The most common disqualifications
- How does the licensing process work?See this .pdf flow chart of how your license is processed from initial application to issuance of license.
Sales and Purchases by Massachusetts Residents What can I purchase, legally own, etc...??
is the Large Capacity Weapons Roster? - See all the roster's here.
- MA Approved Roster - 501 CMR Info
- What do I do if my firearms are confiscated by the police? Read this page and protect your property!
- How do I go about replacing a lost or stolen FID/LTC card? Thanks to GOAL, there is no charge to replace your card!
and Transportation Requirements What you need to know before you hit the road!
should I do if I've moved?/Change of address form Moving within MA? Do this or lose your license!
- Information about inheriting firearms Does an inherited gun have to be on the "roster"?? NO!
- Traveling to or from MA with a firearm? FOPA protects you from state to state, and some states require no license, you still need to protect yourself, check this page before you leave
- Which states will honor my MA License? Some will, MA honors no other state's license!
- Where can I find out more about training? Lots of great courses!
Hunting This Year?
Reference Chart for Some Massachusetts Gun Laws
- New Resident
Info If you are a gun owner and are moving to, or have moved to MA, read this page!
- Does Massachusetts have a "Castle Doctrine" Law? Info about it here.
| Legislation Questions
*This page is made possible by the membership of GOAL and their generous donations. If you found this page helpful please Join - Support - Donate to GOAL.
Help us make Massachusetts a safer place.